links

like

4.15.2012

Let's get this thing started....

    I feel that this blog could go one of two ways! I could either post on here non stop (which would be good right?) orrrrrr I could neglect it completely and have maybe one post every two weeks.  I suppose that I should introduce myself and what not here in this first post for those of you who do not know me. So lets gets this thing started! 

    My names Hayley Miranda Pearl Johnson, quite the mouthful but rather fitting for a person who is quite a handful! Hehe. I was born July 21, 1990. So that puts me at the ripe ol age of 21, boy do the years go by fast. I'll be 22 this summer and just thinking about it makes me feel old. I have not started college yet, nor do I know if I ever will. I just cant decide on one good career field that I want to spend the rest of my life doing.

    For as long as I can remember I have wanted to do be an "artist" when I grew up! In my younger years, it was just the generic artist, ya know like Picasso, Van Gogh and Warhol...the guys who sat around and painted all day. But I soon realized that traditional art was a lot harder than it seemed when I was little. So in my teen age I juggled between becoming an Interior Designer and becoming an Archeologist. Two totally different choices but I was dead set on both and even considered doing both. (I liked to set outrageous goals back then haha) Moving on to my high-school years I started becoming infatuated with computers and computer art. My junior year was fast approaching and I was given the opportunity to go to our local vocational school. So I jumped on the chance and studied Digital Design and Interactive Media for half of my normal school day. Every morning I got to draw and design before going on to my general studies classes. It was heaven! I went on to finish first in a regional design competition, moving me on to a state wide competition. But in the end I let the "senioritis" get the best of me! I slacked off and didn't get my portfolio in order to move along into college to start working on a real career. So alas here I am somewhat at a standstill trying to decide what I want to do with the rest of my life. 

    With the beginning of this sort of side project/business, I can somewhat fit the three main career choices into one SUPER job! The interior design can be squeezed into my findings and staying up on whats the new and happening trends are so I can bring out the best and most interesting vintage items. The archaeology can somewhat be tied to my shopping trips where I go out to find and bring back to life old lost antiques! Kind of reminds me of the American Pickers tv show. Ya know... minus the creepy part of going door to door asking random strangers if you can go look through their property. ;) And alas the graphic design side of things! I get to take tons of photos for postings and design all my own site artwork! Theres so many endless possibilities with being a vintage item reseller. If ya get lucky I might even throw in a few of my crafty ideas in the mix! I've always got ideas floating around for homemade home decor!

    I should probably quit "talking" your ears off with this post! So...Nice to meet you all and hope to talk with you soon! If you want to know more or just have any questions, feel free to ask. I dont bite ... too hard! 


I am going to try to post a relevant question with every post to keep
ideas flowing and hopefully get to talk with some of my followers.
So here goes this weeks question...

What kinds of things would you like to see on this blog?
DIY's, Insider posts, general ramblings, etc?






No comments:

Post a Comment